- Active Posts:
- 218 (0.06 per day)
- Most Active In:
- In-Progress Pics (151 posts)
- 21-July 03
- Profile Views:
- Last Active:
- May 13 2013 11:56 AM
- Member Title:
- Tenax Sniffer (Open a window!)
- 43 years old
- April 25, 1970
- Madrid, Spain
- Click here to e-mail me
Posts I've Made
10 May 2013 - 05:08 PMHi! Looks like finally you has dared with that vacu canopies! Well done.
07 May 2013 - 06:29 PMNice finish, Dragan. A beautifull subject you have chosen.
Is this kit the old Heller kit with raised panel lines? If so, good rescribing, too.
07 May 2013 - 06:25 PMContinuing.
Was the time for painting the lower fuselage. I used Gunze H307 wich in my humble opinion is close to the real color. (sorry for the discrepancy Janne)I added few drops of blue and a bit of white for the scale effect... The AJ after the first layer:
and the SK:
A close pic to show the effect with the preshade:
A second coat was sprayed, this time some more diluted, some more white added and even I added some drops of Tamiya Flat Base to tone down the glossy effect. Here the SK-37:
And the AJ-37:
This time the result is good enought for me.
With the lower faces painted is time to work on the upper, the real thing on this build.
For the Sk-37 I,m after a finish similar to this particular aircraft:
In fact I will be building this specific airframe. So, following the track used by Aigore on his excelent just finished AJ, I gave a coat of aluminium, but not to the entire airframe, but just to the rear fuselage, the area just under the cockpits and the lower portion of the tail.
It is not very evident on this pic, sorry, but is the only that I have of this step.
Before starting with the real colours of the camo, I choose to apply a of yellow with some drops of green to better achieve the desired worn and vanished effect of in the future. My plan is to gently rub over specific areas once all the colours were applied. Here is the SK:
For the AJ I am after a more "new" paint finish, anyhow I gave it some yellow "primer", but more restrictively:
That,s all for now. Hopefully I will be aplying the first coats of the camo this night, but I still have to mask the cockpits, wich is a pity as I have three of them... If I am able to give, at least the brown I will try to post some pics tomorrow. Would like to hear your opinions, friends.
07 May 2013 - 05:32 PMHi again! Many thanks everybody for your interest. I,m here with a new update. Finally I have been having some fun with the airbrush. With all the minor detail painting done and the kits conveniently masked I give them a good coat of MrSurfacer:
Then I give a coat of Alclad withe aluminium to all the leading edges, i.e. wings, canards, intakes and tails. It,s no very evident on this pics, but it,s here:
After that, those same leading edges where painted on black. Here the SK-37 version:
Then, with the back of #11 blade I gave some gently knocks and scratches to remove the black and leave the aluminium exposed:
I am quite happy with the result.
Them I preshaded the lower fuselage. Here the AJ-37 version:
The leading edges were masked to preserve the job done:
Sorry for this pic. More to follow on few minutes...
07 May 2013 - 12:03 PMThanx Rodney />
Me either, Iīll be happy as a drunken penguin when I get to rip the plastic wrapping of that particular kit />
Thanx mate />
I bet you will....and then you have to do it all again in 1/48th scale />
Thought 1/48 is not my scale I have at least 3 kits of such and I,m waiting to see the Tarangus release and it,s almost sure I will be aquiring a copy. A Viggen on that size must be impresive!